I figured the best way to begin this blog was for me to post a few blog posts all about who I am ; so, the next few posts, including this one, will be an introduction to me! I enjoy getting to know someone, especially the things that make them unique, so I hope after this, you guys feel as if you know me a bit better.
I wanted to start off with this tag, 50 Facts About Me, that was floating around the blogosphere/internet world a few years back. It’s crazy to think that for years I’ve been watching others do this tag, and here I am today doing it myself (follow your dreams guys- you never know where it might lead you). I’d also love it if you guys left some facts about yourself in the comment section. I really want to build a relationship with my readers and that means getting to know each other, right?
1. I’m a 24 year old (’92 baby!) Pakistani-American Ahmadi Muslim (I had to fit all all that in one fact haha).
2. I’m 5’5’’.
3. I was born and raised in Queens, New York City.
4. My name is Persian and means the beauty from the light of the moon; it also can mean moon-face.
5. I got married in December 2015 to my best friend.
6. I have three older brothers. I definitely grew up a bit tomboyish, but I’ve grown out of that.
7. I speak Urdu, Punjabi, and conversational Spanish (working on making my Spanish better). I can read Arabic, and am planning on learning how to speak and understand it soon.
8. I graduated cum laude with a degree in Psychology and Sociology in 2014.
9. I love anything artsy (makeup, sketching, DIYs, decorating, design, doing my nails, fashion) and anything to do with photography. I do what I love to do, and I do it obsessively.
10. My favorite shows are Friends, Gilmore Girls, and Roswell (not many have heard of it, but it’s a great show- you guys should definitely go check it out).
11. I’m a Gemini. I somewhat believe in the whole horoscope thing…what can I say, it’s interesting. Don’t worry though; I’m not two-faced like how they typically describe Geminis…BUT I am independent, creative, indecisive, and my mood does change on a whim.
12. I love Spring and Autumn; the blooming flowers and changing colors are breathtaking. I’m not too fond of the extremely cold months or extremely hot months. I like the
13. I enjoy watching shows on TLC and The Food Network (top shows: Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, What Not to Wear, Chopped, The Kitchen, Restaurant Impossible, and Cupcake Wars).
14. My favorite ice cream flavors are cookies and cream and cookie dough.
15. I love traveling! So far I have been blessed to have visited theses countries: Pakistan, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, France, Italy, and London.
16. I’m a neat freak; I LOVE organizing things and making lists. I suppose one could call me a perfectionist.
17. I currently live in New York, New Jersey, and Canada. However, I’ll always be a city girl at heart; I could never get used to the suburban life.
18. I went to elementary school and junior high school in Queens, high school in Brooklyn, and college/university in Manhattan.
19. I do NOT smoke. Never have, never will.
20. Losing loved ones, spiders, reptiles, creepy-crawlies, and driving on a bridge next to a truck are some things that terrify me.
21. I worked as a Physical Therapy Technician for three years in a midtown Manhattan office.
22. I enjoy cooking Italian and Pakistani dishes.
23. I don’t eat meat that often, but I don’t label myself as vegetarian as I do eat ground chicken or nuggets once in a blue moon.
24. On that note, I love the moon and am quite fond of space/astronomy (I was contemplating naming my blog To The Moon and Back, but the name was taken. It’s OK though; it wasn’t meant to be. I absolutely love my blog name now).
25. I highly dislike bullies. To me, a bully is someone who likes to put someone else down to make themselves feel better; someone who is abusive, condescending, and basically a jerk. If you’re a bully, then you’re just giving me every reason to dislike and ignore you.
26. I love flowers (to be more specific: roses, peonies, carnations, orchids, primroses, sunflowers, lavender, and the list goes on and on haha).
27. I enjoy romance, mystery, action, comedy, and end-of-world type movies. I’m not a big fan of horror movies, but I’ll watch them sometimes (only with someone else so I can grab onto them, know that I’m safe and know that nobody is behind me to kill me).
28. I really like Bollywood movies and music. I love my rich, vibrant desi culture.
29. I’m an Apple gal; Team Apple all the way. Sorry androids…I just don’t like ‘em.
30. Speaking of fruits, I like bananas, apples, oranges, blueberries, avocados, lychees, and pomegranates (that’s all I can think of for now).
31. I’m not much into eating fast food, but when I do, usually what I’ll get is Chipotle, or the fries or the apple pies from McDonalds, or the 7-Layer burrito (veggie) from Taco Bell.
32. I love holiday films; bring on the Halloween and Christmas movies!
33. My absolute favorite color is navy blue. To be honest, I like a lot of shades of blue (light blue, teal, turquoise, grey blue). I also really love peach (not a big fan of pink though). Hmm, it’s hard to pick just one favorite haha.
34. I have my certification in teaching English as a second language.
35. I can drive. Being a New Yorker I got my license a bit late (only a few years ago) because we really don’t need cars in NYC…most of the time it’s easier/faster taking the train. Oh, and I just had the dreadful experience of spending hours at the DMV to renew my license..not fun, but glad it’s over with for the next 8 years.
36. My favorite salad is a Caprese salad.
37. I like pajamas…a lot. My husband can tell you how much he hates when we go shopping because I always gravitate towards the pajama section.
38. I don’t enjoy being around attention-seeking, patronizing, drama-causing individuals. I can spot them from a mile away…and I know to stay far-far FAR away haha.
39. I enjoy creating art with a camera and also enjoy editing videos on Final Cut Pro. (I’m a perfectionist though when I edit videos, so I spend hours working on them).
40. I’m quite sentimental and like to keep little memories/keepsakes of certain events (such as: ticket stubs, receipts, keepsakes from my wedding, seashells, cute little things my husband has written me, etc).
41. I’m not a morning person. I definitely consider myself a night owl.
42. My favorite drink is water.
43. The only pets I’ve ever had are pet fish (Siamese fighting fish and goldfish).
44. I’m a huge Disney fan; I absolutely love Disney movies (and if anyone is wondering, Cinderella is my favorite princess).
45. I don’t know how to swim…so, if I’m on a boat/cruise/anything water related and god forbid something happens, someone please save me.
46. I enjoy board games and puzzles.
47. When I’m upset, I tend to separate myself from the situation; I like to be alone to contemplate things and to to wallow (which of course isn’t a good thing, but hey, we all wallow).
48. I like to believe that coincidences have a special significance.
49. I love LOVE. I’m such a romantic at heart.
50. I’m a huge Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings fan. If you’re wondering, yes I did enjoy the Twilight series…don’t judge haha! I just love all romance, even the cheesy kind.
51. And a *bonus one just because I’m excited about this blog! If I were to have any superpower, it would probably be to teleport. I could be anywhere in the world within seconds. And hello! You don’t having to deal with traffic (train, bus, or car) and get to sleep longer. What could possibly be better?
I hope you guys enjoyed learning a little bit more about me! Anyone who wants to do this tag- go for it. I tag you! 😉 Remember to leave me some facts about yourself in the comments as well! xx