Watching the runway and perusing magazines like Harpers Bazaar, Vogue, and Glamour, I’ve spotted lots of alluring Fall and Winter makeup trends this year. They’re mostly focused on natural looks, but a lot also emphasize different features on the face. I’ll be sharing the ones that I think are the most easily achieved along with some of my favorite products for each trend. I hope you guys enjoy!
– this is great for those of you out there that aren’t that great at applying liner.
-the best type of eyeliner for this look is one that glides on smoothly & evenly, such as a kohl pencil liner.
– apply it on your top lash line (tightline as well) and smudge it out with a small pencil brush. Apply it to your bottom lash line and waterline and smudge that out as well.
(Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Eyeliner, Two Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner)
Fresh, Dewy Skin
– try BB creams or thin, light coverage foundations.
– if you have freckles, having them peek through is a popular trend lately (and if you don’t, no worries…grab a brown eyeliner and lightly dot them on).
– highlight the tops of your cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and inner corners of your eyes.
– use a luminous primer and/or foundation.
([left to right] Rimmel London BB Cream, Loreal Magic Lumi Primer, CoverGirl Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation, Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation, Maybelline Dream Wonder Foundation)
– go easy on the contour and opt for more blush!
(NARS blushes [clockwise from top left]: Liberté, Orgasm, Deep Throat, Dolce Vita)
– surprisingly peaches are here to stay for Fall, which I’m not complaining about!
– sweep a peachy eyeshadow all over your lids, or use a peachy blush, or a peach lip! Or try all 3!
([clockwise from top left] Becca Mineral Blush: Songbird, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush: Dim Infusion, Milani Baked Blush: Luminoso, Maybelline Face Studio Master Hi-Light Blush: Coral, Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher: Brun Cuivre)
Bare Eyes with a Dark Vampy Lip
– dark lips are always in for fall, but try it with some neutral or bare eyes.
([clockwise from top left] Sleek Matte Me Lip Cream: Vino Tinto, Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: Aria, MAC: Diva, MAC: Rebel)
The Classic Red Lip
– how can you go wrong with a true red lip; it’s elegant and timeless.
-try it with neutral eyes.
– make sure you line your lips before applying red lipstick because it can get messy!
– if you make any mistakes, you can easily clean it up with a concealer and an eyebrow brush.
(Urban Decay Vice Lipstick: F‑Bomb, Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: fiery, Maybelline ColorSensational Vivid Lipcolor: On Fire Red)
All About the Lashes
– go for a simple face and lip and put the emphasis on your lashes (with mascara and/or fake lashes).
(Ardell Soft Touch Lashes: 152 Black, Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Mascara, L’Oreal False Lash Wings Intenza Mascara)
My favorite trends are the lashes and the peaches! Let me know in the comment section which one is your favorite trend!