Hello angels! How are you all?
I’m sure you guys have seen countless hacks on YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest…some bizarre while others cleverly useful. I decided I wanted to compile a list for you guys of my tried and true beauty hacks plus some tips that I’ve used over the years and LOVE. Enjoy!
My Favorite Makeup/Beauty Hacks & Tips
- Use eye shadow primer under your eyes to prevent your concealer from creasing. You can also apply it on your laugh lines before applying your foundation to help reduce their appearance.
- Instead of tape, I love using these Post It Bookmark/Memo Flags as a guide for your eye shadow to get a very crisp eye makeup look. They’re quick, gentle, easy, and compact. Apply the sticky end to your hands before applying it to the gentle skin around your eyes. Place it right beneath your lower lash line and line it diagonally upwards towards the tail-end of your eyebrow.
- After applying foundation and concealer (before powder, blush, bronzer, etc.) spray your face with a makeup spray (I highly recommend either Mac Fix Plus or the Elf setting spray). Then, take a damp beauty blender (or any damp makeup sponge you have on hand) and bounce it all over your face. This melts the foundation and powder into your skin and gives an airbrushed, natural look to your skin.
- If you’ve forgotten to bring a highlight or contour shade when traveling, no biggie! Just use whatever you have on hand. Use a shimmery eye shadow for highlighter and a matte brown (or even matte taupe) eye shadow as your contour shade. Some eye shadows that I love for highlighting are: L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte, Stila Kitten, M.A.C. Shroom, and M.A.C. Nylon. Some eye shadows that I love for contouring are: Urban Decay Naked and Buck (from the Naked Palette), and M.A.C. Cork.
- Use concealer and an angled brush to clean up around your eyebrows, to fix any mistakes you make with your winged liner, and to clean up around your lips when using a lip color that’s bright/dark/red. Game changer!
- Use clear lip liner to line your lips. It’s arduous finding the perfect lip liner for every single shade of lipstick that you have, so having a clear lip liner is the perfect solution to that! It’s an invisible shield that prevents any feathering. I love Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Ozone.
- If you’ve ever gone overboard with your blush/bronzer/contour, take your powder brush and a face powder (I love the Hourglass ambient lighting powders for this) and blend out all of the harshness. This will tone everything down. It’s also another trick I use for an airbrushed look to my skin.
- Pop on a thin layer of Vaseline or nourishing lip balm 10-15 minutes before applying your liquid lipstick. Sometimes I even add a nude lipstick underneath. No more cracked, dry lips from the matte liquid lips we all love!
I hope you guys discovered some new hacks or tips to try out! Make sure to leave any beauty hacks/tips that you love in the comment section!