I’ve seen a few people do this and it’s something fairly new to the internet world! I think it’s a neat idea and strays away from the typical haul posts. Essentially, the idea behind these videos or posts are saying no thanks to products that seem to be getting a lot of hype (either newly launched or not). We all enjoy knowing what others are interested in buying, but recently hearing what people are NOT interested in getting has been just as interesting (and it’s refreshing tbh). I think it’s really helpful to see the pros and cons others think of before getting out there and spending their hard-earned money.
Disclaimer: There is nothing against the brands whatsoever, but either I don’t need these products in my life, or they just don’t make sense! This type of post is just for fun and is meant to remind you all that you don’t need to buy every new launch that comes out. I know it can be hard to resist, especially if you love makeup as much as I do, but this post is here to be a friendly, not-negative reminder! Let me help you save some $$$!
So, if this is a kind of post you guys are interested in, keep on scrolling! (:
- BECCA Cosmetics x Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette- The highlighters seem really similar to so many other launches recently and the blush and bronzer are so small. We usually use them more then highlights sooo….but I LOVEE BECCA products! The BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Collab is my jam (the shades actually seem quite similar).
- Huda Beauty 3D Highlighter Palette– They seem great, but over-hyped and again coming out at a time where every single brand has a highlighter palette coming out. I also just have so many highlights, I think I need to tone it down and stop with the highlighters. *self-control*
- Nars Liquid Blushes– I’m not a liquid blush fan; I much rather prefer powder blushes. They look beautiful though and maybe for people with dry skin they’ll be great.
- Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush (Head) or any other rotating makeup brush– C’mon people! Have we become that lazy and reliant on technology to do EVERYTHING for us? A little movement of our hands won’t kill us, and to be quite honest, I don’t think it could blend as well as we could ourselves.
- Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Diamond Dust- I’ll be honest…I’m kind of over the whole holographic highlighter trend (don’t kill me!). If I did want to try it, I wouldn’t invest almost $30 for something I would barely use just to try it out. I’m sure there are many less expensive alternatives.
- Jefree Star Cosmetics– I don’t mean to sound mean…I just don’t really respect him as a person or his brand; his products seem overpriced and over-hyped as well.
- Lancome La Rôse Blush Poudrer– This is such a beautiful product, but it’s a little too beautiful (if that makes sense haha). I don’t think I’d want to use it haha! Plus, it’s just so expensive for a highlighter ($60).
- Wet n Wild’s Unicorn Glow Summer Collection– I think this whole trend is super fun, but not practical. Even though it is very affordable, is it really worth getting just to play around a few times and pushing to the back of your makeup drawer by the time fall hits? I’m trying to purge my makeup collection and buy products I know I will use and love!
- Too Faced I Want Kandee Palette– Basically, my main reason for not getting this is that the shades don’t seem that appealing to me and the quality of Too Faced eyeshadows seems to be slumping.
- Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits– They are just overpriced and you guessed it: over-hyped! I feel like you’re just paying for the name and the brand; there are such great inexpensive options for liquid lips now from companies like Colourpop, Wet n Wild, Milani, and NYX.
- MAC Next to Nothing Face Colour– I don’t want to pay money for a foundation that won’t do anything for my skin. I could buy a CC cream for the days that I don’t want heavy coverage, but when I think of MAC, I think of good coverage. Also, their foundations break me out (which is a problem I’m sure many people have with MAC foundations).
I hope you enjoyed my very first Anti-Haul and I hope I saved you from spending your well-earned cash!
What items are you guys NOT going to haul? Be sure to let me know in the comment section!